Kanchenjunga along with its bewitching vistas will captivate your mind and will fill your soul with serenity.
Gangtok- 'Gemstone of Sikkim'
Perched at an elevation of 1,650m, Gangtok is a dreamland destination among all the places of North-eastern India. Lofty mountain peaks, glacial lakes, tranquil monasteries, and holistic weather, all are added more beauty in Gangtok. Counted amongst the most peaceful vacation spots in India, Bhutan along with its comfortable accommodations and immense serenity attracts nature lovers.
Splendid View Of Kanchenjunga Will Makes You Stunned!!
The vast range of Kanchenjunga is not just the 3rd highest mountain in the world, but also a sacred entity in Sikkim. Some highlighted features-
- Its 5 peaks symbolize the five treasures?Gold, Silver, Gems, food grains and religious texts.
- The mountain is so revered that even today the peak is not scaled by mountaineers, respecting local sentiments.
- Sighting the mountains is not an easy task, as the view may b disappeared behind clouds.
- However, on a clear day, Gangtok offers you a superb view of the snow-covered peaks.
You can witness the beauty of Kanchenjunga both from viewpoints as well as from the hotels in Gangtok city.
Amazing View-Points of Kanchenjunga in Gangtok!!
There are mainly 3 viewpoints in Gangtok from where you will get an amazing view of Kanchenjunga-
- Hanuman Tok: It gives a wonderful view of mountains.
- Ganesh Tok: Ganesh temple is itself a major attraction but most importantly the view from here is magnificent.
- Tashi viewpoint: This is the most popular viewpoints to get the mesmerizing glimpse of Kanchenjunga.
Hotels Offer Wonderful View of Kanchenjunga too!!
Not only viewpoints, Hotels in Gangtok, Sikkim with reasonable tariff will also give you the opportunity to get the charismatic glimpse of Kanchenjunga. There are some popular hotels in Gangtok which are mentioned below-
- The Di-Lac Retreat- Located away from the chaotic crowd near Ganesh Tok, the Di-Lac Retreat offers mind-boggling mountain views from the balcony.
- Narayani Continental- Nestled amidst the verdant valleys, it is the most popular hotel for offering the best view of Kanchenjunga in Gangtok.
- Hotel Prime View Villa- Located in Gangtok, the hotel offers a great view of Kanchenjunga as well as its surroundings.
- Sikkim Villa Tosca- This is an excellent property in a quiet location with dazzling views of Kanchenjunga.
- Hotel Tarayana Grand- Although a little far from the main road, Hotel Tarayana Grand offers spacious rooms with appealing mountain views.
Q. Which is the nearest railhead of Gangtok? A. New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is the nearest railhead of Gangtok (119.2 km), from where you will get hired taxies to reach this place. Q. Which are the most-visited spots in Gangtok? A. The most visited spots in Gangtok are Enchey Monastery, Hanuman Tok, Rumtek monastery, Zoological Park, Flower Exhibition Centre etc.