Meeting with clients and handling the deals is the foremost thing of every business travelers, but safety should be a priority, too.
Safety is a serious Concern!!
When you are going on a business trip, whether it is simply to a different city in your state or anywhere around the world, it is important to be concern about your own security. This is particularly important if you are one of the principal employees of your company, as a business can often be held liable if something bad. You can face several difficulties when you’re on the road, so take steps to protect yourself and your equipment.
Siliguri- ‘A Major Business Hub’
Siliguri is one of the quaintest places and a major commercial center in North Bengal. It is a gateway for all tourists to the hill stations of North-East like Gangtok, Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Kurseong etc. This serene city is well connected by Airway, Railway & Roadway with rest of India. Siliguri for its cosmopolitan growth and well connection to other parts, it is considered to be one of the most important business centers in West Bengal.
Some Important Tips That Every Business Traveler Must Follow-
Business travelers are prime targets for criminals. Here is a list of some tips that will keep you safe on your next business trip-
- You should always keep your eye on your bags, especially on your laptop or other valuable accessories at all the times. Don’t let anyone handle or watch your bags.
- Always be aware of mishaps, like someone offers you a drink or something eatable things. It may trap for you to set you up for a robbery.
- Carry your wallet and mobile phones in an inside front pocket. Or, you can also wear a concealed money pouch.
- Always record the number of luggage carry with you.
- While renting a car, do the proper studies about your route on a map before you start your trip.
- You should keep your car doors locked and park in lighted areas near entrances.
- When you arrive at the hotels in Siliguri, don’t leave your luggage unattended for any time.
- Make sure your room has a good lock system on the door & window locks and use them properly.
- You should never share your hotel’s name and room number with anyone during your business meetings.
- If someone claiming to be a hotel employee shows up at your door unexpectedly, don’t let them in without first calling the front desk for confirmation
- Get proper knowledge about the exits, elevators and public phones for your emergency situations.
Safety Is Your Business Too…
Safety is not expensive, it’s priceless. Your safety is in your hand. So travel around the world, either for a vacation or on a business trip, makes your trip safe by being attentive at all times. Do not trust anyone with anything as you would not want to be cheated in a new place with no one around to help you. So it is really important to ensure safety along with other travel needs.